The Chelmsford Housing Authority remains closed to the public until further notice due to the State of Emergency declared in relation to the Coronavirus. Our primary concern continues to be the health and safety of those we serve.
In order to continue essential operations, however, we are taking the following steps:
- We will continue with the increased frequency of sanitizing touchable areas of our buildings common areas.
- Despite being closed to foot traffic, staff will continue to be available by phone (978) 256-7425. Hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Any paperwork should be mailed, left in the drop boxes at the offices, faxed to (978) 256-1895 or emailed to the appropriate staff person.
- Residents, visitors, guests, etc. inside our residential buildings must wear a mask at all times while in common areas.
- Community rooms will remain closed until further notice.
- Laundry rooms remain open but those using these facilities should keep 6 feet away from others while doing laundry.
- Only one person or household at a time should use the elevators unless they need assistance.
- All residents and staff should stay a healthy distance (6+ feet) away from others.
Work Order Protocol
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation, we have established a procedure for completing work orders for all residents in a manner that is intended to maintain the safety of both our residents and staff
Our maintenance team has been working daily throughout the pandemic and have continued to complete work orders during this time, so long as it was safe to do so. We will continue to complete all work orders with the following safety protocols in place and some reminders:
- Emergency work orders should be called into the emergency line (978-265-5049) no matter what time of day.
- Non-emergency work orders should continue to be called into Ruth at 978-256-7425, ext. 10.
- Procedure to safely complete work orders:
- Practice Social Distancing: when maintenance is in your apartment working, the resident(s) will be asked to remain in another room with the door closed;
- Masks: The maintenance staff will be wearing masks while completing work orders;
- Disinfecting: upon entry and exit of maintenance staff into apartments, they may be disinfecting their work area.
- Maintenance will continue to clean and disinfect common areas often but not necessarily on the same time and days of each week.
These protocols are for the safety of both residents and staff and we thank you for understanding.
Should you have any questions or concerns during this time, please reach out to your Property Manager.
In addition, applicants can still apply online for State Aided Public Housing, as well as Section 8. Links are listed below.