The Richardson, 86 Richardson Rd., North Chelmsford, MA 01863
The Richardson is an affordable rental housing development for individuals aged 55 years or older. 86 Richardson Rd. Senior Housing is managed by the Choice Housing Opportunities for Intergenerational and Community Endeavors, Inc., a non-profit organization of the Chelmsford Housing Authority. This recently renovated and modernized development consists of sixteen (16) one bedroom units, eight (8) of which are subsidized.
- All household members must be 55 years of age or older.
- The entire household’s annual income must be below the maximum allowable income.
- The household must be of the appropriate size.
- Must meet the income requirements for one of the two categories as detailed below:
The affordable rental units are classified into two categories:
- Subsidized (rental assistance): Tenant rent is subsidized through a state subsidy program (MRVP) where residents only pay 40% of their income towards the contract rent. All utilities, (hot water, heat, AC and electric) are included in the rent. To apply for a SUBSIDIZED unit, the application can be downloaded here.
- Unsubsidized (unassisted): Tenant pays the full contract rent minus the applicable utility allowance. Current monthly rent amount payable by the tenant is $1088.00. Tenants are responsible for their heat (electric), AC (electric) and general electric utility Applicants who are Section 8/MRVP voucher holders are welcome and encouraged to apply. Applicants without rental assistance must have a minimum annual income of at least $38,130.00 to apply. To apply for a UNSUBSDIZED unit, the application can be downloaded here.
Applicants must meet the following income requirements for both subsidized and unsubsidized units:
Subsidized Housing maximum allowable income:
One person maximum allowable annual income: $23,700.00
Two person maximum allowable annual income: $27,100.00
Unsubsidized Housing maximum allowable income:
One person maximum allowable annual income: $47,460.00
Two person maximum allowable annual income: $54,240.00